About Me

Whitney

Follow Me on Pinterest
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, September 10, 2012

I'm Turning 30 Soon

and up until last night I was truly feeling sorry for myself.  I don't know why this number (age) bothers me so much, but it does.  I find that I'm being entirely too nostalgic for my own good.  It's honestly just depressing.  And then I read this book.  A blind read (as I call it) when I just jump in and have no idea what it's even about.  I got it from the library, thought the title was different? and simply took a chance.

“What a slut time is. She screws everybody.” 
― John GreenThe Fault in Our Stars

I never want this for my life or anyone else.  This is a story about two young people who are plagued with cancer and quite simply, one of the most beautiful stories I have ever read.  I cried.  Hard.  Really Hard.  And then I stopped feeling sorry for myself.


Thank you John Green for your beautiful story and for putting me in my place.  I needed it.


“But it is the nature of stars to cross, and never was Shakespeare more wrong than when he has Cassius note, ‘The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars / But in ourselves.” 

XX 
the almost 30 year old ~ W

No comments:

Post a Comment