About Me

Whitney

Follow Me on Pinterest
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, January 4, 2013

Paying it Forward


Yesterday Tooter and I had lunch at Josephines Tea Room where I needed to return/exchange a Christmas gift.  All was good until those dreaded words were said "We only accept returns within 14 days of purchase."  The look on my face must have been one of utter defeat.  All I wanted to do was exchange for something that would have worked better in my home, but the woman behind the counter repeatedly told me there was nothing she could do (sad face).  So, I packed my sad self up, grabbed grandma and was making my way out the door when another sales woman caught me and said she would do the transaction.  I couldn't believe it.  Tears came to my eyes.  Kindness....

Upon leaving the store I told Tooter that we had to Pay it Forward at our next stop and of course, what do Tooter and I love to do most?  Thrifting!  We headed to Goodwill.

I'm in the dressing room when I hear a mother and her two children talking in the next room over.  She's teaching them opposites.  The teacher in me is immediately drawn to their conversation while the someday mother in me was banking this idea for future use as a way to keep children entertained while shopping.  I was impressed.  It wasn't long before mom went silent, most likely because she was busy trying things on and the children were still waiting for a response to the opposite that they had proposed.  "Up..."  After a few long seconds of silence I decided to play along for mom. "Down..."  (little laughter)  "Mom, the wall is talking" says one of the children followed by little giggles.  Mom encourages them to keep talking to "the wall" and I went on to have the most enjoyable time in the dressing room playing Opposites with two giggling children.

If you haven't guessed already, this is the family that I chose to Pay it Forward.  And in case you're wondering how I did at GW.  I got 4 NWT Target graphic T's for working out/lounging and 2 NWT pairs of Target shoes.  I spent $14.








No comments:

Post a Comment